Kollafoss is located in the municipality of Húnaþing Vestra, 28 kilometers south of Hvammstangi, in the Vesturárdalur valley in Miðfjörður. The farm is approximately 2 and a half hour drive from Reykjavík.
Note that Isolation Jam is hosted at Laxahvammur. See this page for more information on that venue.
Traveling from Reykjavík
Follow route 1 north (Vesturlandsvegur) for about 2 hours. Turn to the right on road 704 (Miðfjörður) Drive that road for about 10 minutes and take a right turn onto 705 (Vesturárdalur) and follow it for about 10 minutes until you reach Kollafoss.
Click here for a map with more detailed driving instructions.
Take bus 57 (Strætó bus company) from Mjódd to Hvammstangavegur. Please let us know if you plan to take a bus so we can pick you up, as the Hvammstangavegur bus stop is about 20 km away from Kollafoss.
Note that for those flying from abroad. You are most likely landing at Keflavík airport which is bit of a drive from Reykjavík. One option is to take the flybus from Keflavík airport to BSÍ in Reykjavík (40 minutes), and then take a bus from BSÍ to Mjódd to catch bus 57.
- http://www.hreyfill.is (taxi)
- http://www.straeto.is (the main bus / coach company)
- http://www.vedur.is (weather)
- http://www.vegagerdin.is (road conditions updated hourly)
- http://www.flybus.is (flybus from Keflavík airport to Reykjavík)
- http://www.road.is (Road conditions)
- http://www.samferda.net (carpooling in Iceland)
- There is plenty to see and do in the local area at all times of the year. More “touristy” information about the area can be found over at http://www.visithunathing.is/en