Kollafoss is located in the municipality of Húnaþing Vestra, 28 kilometers south of Hvammstangi, in the Vesturárdalur valley in Miðfjörður. The farm is approximately 2 and a half hour drive from Reykjavík.
Traveling from Reykjavík
Follow route 1 north (Vesturlandsvegur) for about 2 hours. Turn to the right on road 704 (Miðfjörður) Drive that road for about 10 minutes and take a right turn onto 705 (Vesturárdalur) and follow it for about 10 minutes until you reach Kollafoss. Click here for a map with more detailed driving instructions.
Take bus 57 (Strætó bus company) from Mjódd to Hvammstangavegur. Please let us know if you plan to take a bus so we can pick you up, as the Hvammstangavegur bus stop is about 20 km away from Kollafoss.
Note that for those flying from abroad. You are most likely landing at Keflavík airport which is bit of a drive from Reykjavík. One option is to take the flybus from Keflavík airport to BSÍ in Reykjavík (40 minutes), and then take a bus from BSÍ to Mjódd to catch bus 57.
The House, Kollafoss
- 4 Bedrooms, 3 for gamedev residents
- 2 Living rooms
- Kitchen + Dining area
- 2 Bathrooms (one with bath, other with shower)
- 2 Storage Rooms
- House will at maximum house 5 residents. Jóhannes & Arnfríður, plus 3 gamedev residents.
- During Isolation Game Jam bedrooms will be adjusted to fit 7-10 people in the house.
The Bedrooms include:
- Desk, chair, lamp, and power outlets available.
- Single size bed
- For Isolation Game Jam: Bedrooms will be modified to house 2 to 3 beds. Desks will be moved to the shared space for the game jam.
- 650 EUR for a month stay
- 400 EUR for 2 week stay
- You want to stay longer/shorter? contact us to get a pricing.
- 13,000 ISK for Isolation Game Jam (approx 113 EUR at the time of writing, March 2017)
We only accept payments through bank transfer. Fee for your stay at Kollafoss should be paid after you’ve secured a spot at Kollafoss and before your arrival.
- Account number (if transferring from Icelandic bank): 0159-05-060403
- Kennitala (if transferring from Icelandic bank): 150188-2109
- IBAN: IS91 0159 0506 0403 1501 8821 09
- Swift (BIC): NBIIISRE
The following refund policy applies to the Isolation Game Jam as well unless otherwise stated.
- Cancellations received 90 days in advance of start date of residency will receive a complete refund.
- Cancellations received 60 days in advance of start date of residency will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations less than 60 days in advance of start date of residency will not receive a refund.
- Regardless of time of cancellation, All cancellations incur a 50 euro administration fee. This does not apply for the Isolation Game Jam.
What is included in the fee?
- A fully fitted bedroom (desk, chair, bed, closet, bed linen, pillow, duvet…)
- Pickups/drop offs to/from the bus stop
- Rides to town for supplies when needed at the very least once a week or so.
- Occasional planned sightseeing trips for those interested
- Internet connection and other utilities
- …and more.
- http://www.hreyfill.is (taxi)
- http://www.straeto.is (the main bus / coach company)
- http://www.vedur.is (weather)
- http://www.vegagerdin.is (road conditions updated hourly)
- http://www.flybus.is (flybus from Keflavík airport to Reykjavík)
- http://www.samferda.net (carpooling in Iceland)
- There is plenty to see and do in the local area at all times of the year. More “touristy” information about the area can be found over at http://www.visithunathing.is/en