Kollafoss is located in the municipality of Húnaþing Vestra, 28 kilometers south of Hvammstangi, in the Vesturárdalur valley in Miðfjörður. The farm is approximately 2 and a half hour drive from Reykjavík.
Traveling from Reykjavík
Follow route 1 north (Vesturlandsvegur) for about 2 hours. Turn to the right on road 704 (Miðfjörður) Drive that road for about 10 minutes and take a right turn onto 705 (Vesturárdalur) and follow it for about 10 minutes until you reach Kollafoss.
Click here for a map with more detailed driving instructions.
Take bus 57 (Strætó bus company) from Mjódd to Hvammstangavegur. Please let us know if you plan to take a bus so we can pick you up, as the Hvammstangavegur bus stop is about 20 km away from Kollafoss.
Note that for those flying from abroad. You are most likely landing at Keflavík airport which is bit of a drive from Reykjavík. One option is to take the flybus from Keflavík airport to BSÍ in Reykjavík (40 minutes), and then take a bus from BSÍ to Mjódd to catch bus 57.
The House, Kollafoss
- 4 Bedrooms, 3 for gamedev residents
- 2 Living rooms
- Kitchen + Dining area
- 2 Bathrooms (one with bath, other with shower)
- 2 Storage Rooms
- During Isolation Game Jam bedrooms will be adjusted to fit 7-10 people in the house.
- 14,000 ISK for Isolation Game Jam (approx 112 EUR at the time of writing, February 2018)
We only accept payments through bank transfer. Fee for your stay at Kollafoss should be paid after you’ve secured a spot at Kollafoss and before your arrival.
- Account number (if transferring from Icelandic bank): 0159-05-060403
- Kennitala (if transferring from Icelandic bank): 150188-2109
- IBAN: IS91 0159 0506 0403 1501 8821 09
- Swift (BIC): NBIIISRE
The following refund policy applies to the Isolation Game Jam as well unless otherwise stated.
- Cancellations received 60 days in advance of start date of residency will receive a 75% refund.
- Cancellations received 30 days in advance of start date of residency will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations less than 30 days in advance of start date of residency will not receive a refund.
- http://www.hreyfill.is (taxi)
- http://www.straeto.is (the main bus / coach company)
- http://www.vedur.is (weather)
- http://www.vegagerdin.is (road conditions updated hourly)
- http://www.flybus.is (flybus from Keflavík airport to Reykjavík)
- http://www.road.is (Road conditions)
- http://www.samferda.net (carpooling in Iceland)
- There is plenty to see and do in the local area at all times of the year. More “touristy” information about the area can be found over at http://www.visithunathing.is/en