Kollafoss is located in the municipality of Húnaþing Vestra, 28 kilometers south of Hvammstangi, in the Vesturárdalur valley in Miðfjörður. The farm is approximately 2 and a half hour drive from Reykjavík.
Traveling from Reykjavík
Follow route 1 north (Vesturlandsvegur) for about 2 hours. Turn to the right on road 704 (Miðfjörður) Drive that road for about 10 minutes and take a right turn onto 705 (Vesturárdalur) and follow it for about 10 minutes until you reach Kollafoss. Click here for a map with more detailed driving instructions.
Take bus 57 to Hvammstangavegur. Please let us know if you plan to take a bus so we can pick you up, as the Hvammstangavegur bus stop is about 20 km away from Kollafoss.
The House, Kollafoss
- 4 Bedrooms, 3 for gamedev residents
- 2 Living rooms
- Kitchen + Dining area
- 2 Bathrooms (one with bath, other with shower)
- 2 Storage Rooms
- House will at maximum house 5 residents. Jóhannes & Arnfríður, plus 3 gamedev residents.
The Bedrooms include:
- Desk, chair, lamp, and power outlets available.
- Single size bed
- 650 EUR for a month stay
- 400 EUR for 2 week stay
We only accept payments through bank transfer. Fee for your stay at Kollafoss should be paid after you’ve secured a spot at Kollafoss and before your arrival.
- Account number (if transferring from Icelandic bank): 0159-05-060403
- Kennitala (if transferring from Icelandic bank): 150188-2109
- IBAN: IS91 0159 0506 0403 1501 8821 09
- Swift (BIC): NBIIISRE
- Cancellations received 90 days in advance of start date of residency will receive a complete refund.
- Cancellations received 60 days in advance of start date of residency will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations less than 60 days in advance of start date of residency will not receive a refund.
- Regardless of time of cancellation, All cancellations incur a 50 euro administration fee.
What is included in the fee?
- A fully fitted bedroom (desk, chair, bed, closet, bed linen, pillow, duvet…)
- Pickups/drop offs to/from the bus stop
- Rides to town for supplies when needed at the very least once a week or so.
- Occasional planned sightseeing trips for those interested
- Internet connection and other utilities
- …and more.
- (1 Month) 1 – 29th February 2016
- (2 Weeks) 1 – 15th February 2016
- (2 Weeks) 16 – 29th February 2016
- http://www.hreyfill.is (taxi)
- http://www.straeto.is (the main bus / coach company)
- http://www.vedur.is (weather)
- http://www.vegagerdin.is (road conditions updated hourly)
- http://www.flybus.is (flybus from Keflavík airport to Reykjavík)
- http://www.samferda.net (carpooling in Iceland)
- There is plenty to see and do in the local area at all times of the year. More “touristy” information about the area can be found over at http://www.visithunathing.is/en